Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Boiling Pot

Have you ever heard that old saying.... a watched pot never boils??? Well I don't know about you, but my problem is no matter how hard I try to keep an eye on a pot that I have on the stove..... it always boils over!!! Maybe the fact that I LOVE to cook on high has something to do with it too. Ha My Mom taught me a trick when I was young, and it really works. Just lay a wooden spoon across the pot while it is boiling, and it will keep it from boiling over. Really!! It's crazy I know, but it works... now I want to hear some tricks you have learned over the years... I know there are a ton of them out there, so come on and share a couple- I would LOVE to learn something new!!
and remember to try this the next time you are boiling something yummy for dinner...

1 comments:

Kristan said...

I love cooking on HIGH too! I can't wait to try this trick!