Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How to Freeze spinach & kale for smoothies

HELLO!!!  I feel like I have been gone for a month!  Life has been crazy this last 3 weeks, and it isn't getting any slower for the next little while- I have a lot of things to share with you, but first since it's the first of a new year... if you are like most of us, you are thinking " I need to lose a few pounds and start eating better.'  We make green smoothies almost everyday.  I have posted about how to store your spinach so it lasts longer, but even using it everyday in smoothies I still have a hard time using it all before it goes bad.  This is what I did today.... 


First- this last time I was in Costo they had baby kale in the big bags like the spinach... so I bought some to put in the smoothies.  But like the spinach it was going bad before we could use it.

So I took the kale & the spinach and added a little bit of water in the blendtec, blended them up

and put about 1/4 of a cup into the snack size baggies and froze them.  Then in the mornings they will be ready to toss into the blender with the other ingredients : carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, oranges, bananas, grape juice protein powder- or whatever you like--- - and no waste!!  And I think it might be a little faster too!  Love the green smoothies!  ~ Karen




0 comments: