Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Crochet Fleece Blanket

I'm back to show you a new take on the fleece blanket!
 
 
Get your fabric of choice. I made this for my newest nephew who's dad is a HUGE 49ers fan.
 
 
Cut of the white printed piece. Do it, it makes the blanket look tons better if you do!
 
 
 
On each corner of the blanket cut a 3"x3" square off.

 
Next fold over each side 2"
 
 
Sew each 2" side with a zigzag stitch. After each side is sewn, cut strips all away around the blanket about 1/4"-1/2" thick. Also cut them 1/4" away from the zigzag stitch. 

 
Once you have them all cut you can start crocheting the blanket. I used a size K hook. I started from one corner and worked my way around the blanket. It went pretty fast! Once you get to your starting stitch take it back to the sewing machine and stitch it down!

 
There you have it a new take on the fleece blanket! Much nicer than the tie method!
 
 
 

0 comments: